At Stevison’s we know that together we can be the best in our industry and in our community. Stevison’s values team members by providing progressive benefits programs that support employee wellness and provides security in retirement including:
Company-assisted medical and dental coverage
Company-paid life and disability coverage
401K program with company match
Paid Time Off including Holidays and Vacation
Voluntary benefits including vision and additional life, disability, and critical illness coverage
Flex Spending Accounts
Recognition Programs and Special Events
This position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities.
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Manages cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Oversees preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production supervisors.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure with managing beef, pork and/or poultry production environment.
- Knowledge of food safety programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of GMPs, SSOPs, Food Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Working knowledge of USDA regulations pertaining to plant operations and labeling.
- History of professionalism in managing teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to provide clear, concise written reports on progress of projects.
- Able to work weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field/Equivalent Related Work Experience.
- Detail Oriented.
- Self-Motivated, ambitious, a good teacher and mentor.
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Production Team Member
The production team member position performs all tasks involved in the production of the company’s products. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours throughout a day (excluding break and lunch). Must be able to stand VERY cold and WET environment – average temperature is 35-38 degrees. Ability to correctly wear PPE. Maintain a clean and safe work area. All shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently expose to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in areas of the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently life and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
*Eligibility requirements may apply.
Stevison’s is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under Federal, state or local law.
Stevison Meat Company
We supply international and domestic food-service distribution companies and restaurant chains. We process products for the largest food companies in the world. Our product line has grown from hams and sausage, to over 200 different products. Some of which include: Beef Brisket, Beef Tri-Tip, London Broil, Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Pastrami, Boston Butts, Various Styles of Turkey Breast, Whole Smoked Turkeys and Drumsticks, Australian Bacon, Cotto Salami, Patented Bone-In Ham Steak, Ribs, Pork Roast, Pork Chops and more.